A new Resident visa has been made law for buyers looking to purchase a property worth 120,000 euros or more on the islands of Sal and Boa Vista. The new visa covers all of the islands and has slightly different connotations depending which island you purchase on.
Outline of the details
· 120,000 euros or more on a property purchase
· Qualifies buyer for residency permit / green card
· Buyer has right to enter and stay in Cape Verde
· the funds used for property purchase must come from abroad
· access to priority line on boarder police desks ( DEF )
· the card is to be renewed every 5 years
· the rights are extensive to the spouse and all sons/ daughters up until the age of 14 years old.
· if the property is sold after the green card is issued the same will not be renewed.
The property resident visa;
· Is not automatically given to the owner just because they have bought the proeprty.
· Has to be applied for after the property is registered and all documents are in place.
· It is something that is attached to your passport.
For further information, please contact us. We are waiting to hear from you.